If you’re considering silestone countertops for your kitchen or bathroom, it’s important to know what exactly silestone is. It is a manufactured material that is made from natural quartz crystals and in addition to countertops, is also used to make sinks, floors and shower trays; it is also known as quartz. It is a popular choice for many reasons so let’s start with the pros:
- It is an incredibly durable material which makes it ideal in rooms that see a lot of activities like kitchens and bathrooms. The durability makes it very difficult for quartz countertops to scratch or chip, which is great for busy spaces so that you don’t have to worry about damage.
- The surface of a silestone countertop is non-porous, which means your counter will be able to resist stains, bacteria and viruses thanks to the antimicrobial protection that quartz countertops contain.
- Maintenance is very simple when it comes to quartz countertops which is a dream when it comes to kitchens and bathrooms. Silestone doesn’t require special coating or sealing and can be wiped easily with a soft cloth.
- Kitchen counters see a lot of spills, but you don’t have to worry because the non-porous surface of silestone countertops are stain resistant. You can easily wipe away any coffee, oil, juice and even wine without fear of any permanent stains.
- There are different options available in terms of size, colour and style so that you can select a countertop that is to your taste and suitable for your kitchen. Whatever style you choose, quartz countertops will give your kitchen or bathroom a high end look that is very beautiful.
- Most companies offer a great warranty for silestone countertops because they know it will last and customers will be very happy.
- This material is not heat resistant, meaning you can never place hot dishes or hot pots and pans directly on top of your counter without causing damage. Some sort of trivet is always necessary, otherwise, you will cause the colour of your quartz countertop to change permanently.
- Cost is always a factor in any home project and if you’re looking for budget friendly options then a silestone countertop may not be the best choice because it can be expensive. With that said, when you choose Leenlong as your preferred kitchen countertop provider, you will get a wide selection of quartz brands at various price points that will fit your budget!
- Should any damage ever occur, repairing your quartz countertop will be very difficult. In some cases, depending on the extent of the damage, a whole new slab may be required.
If you want a reliable company to help you with your kitchen cabinets and countertops, Leenlong is who you need to call. Located in Langley, they can offer you different styles and sizes of quartz countertops to give your kitchen a brand new look that is beautiful and modern!